Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Sugar intake guideline 'needs lowering'
- Brain scans offer fresh insights into ADHD
- 'Rebooted' stem cells may lead to new treatments
- Could meditation help combat migraines?
- Pregnant drink binges harm kids' mental health
- Weight discrimination study fuels debate
- 'Food addiction' doesn't exist, say scientists
- Bacteria found in honey may help fight infection
- Hundreds report waking up during surgery
- Prescription sleeping pills linked to Alzheimer's risk