Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Eating more than 5 a day 'brings no extra benefit'
- Tiny area of the brain linked to fear of the future
- Running 7 minutes a day 'halves heart death risk'
- Over-60s exercise claim based on just 12 people
- Should donor blood be screened for hepatitis E?
- Study links shift work to increased risk of diabetes
- TV and gaming after work 'leads to feelings of guilt'
- Deadly MERS 'camel flu' may now be airborne
- Paracetamol 'doesn't work' for lower back pain
- Sleep deprivation may affect memory