Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- 'Antipsychotics used on people with no mental illness diagnosis'
- Does lack of sleep make you susceptible to common cold?
- Goth teens 'at increased risk of depression and self-harm'
- How having 'senior moments' may be a good thing
- Low vitamin D levels linked to increased multiple sclerosis risk
- Is incense smoke more dangerous than tobacco smoke?
- Researchers 'a step closer' to universal flu vaccine
- Many white English and Irish pensioners 'drinking to excess'
- Warnings of a dementia epidemic may be unfounded
- Working long hours 'increases stroke risk'