Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Kidney damage 'killing thousands,' study claims
- Edible flowers not proven to prevent cancer
- Cheap holidays 'increased' melanoma rates
- 'Silver surfers' may have lower depression risk
- Apathy unproven as early warning sign of dementia
- NICE highlights how hand washing can save lives
- PET scans may improve brain injury diagnosis
- Cannabis linked to brain differences in the young
- Eating chocolate probably won't save your marriage
- Salt cuts have 'saved lives,' says study