Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Majority of supermarket chickens carry food bug
- Could depression be the result of a brain infection?
- Ebola vaccine shows promise in human trials
- Ten-point plan to tackle liver disease published
- UK 'among worst' for cancer linked to obesity
- Uneven or large breasts can cause teen angst
- Are silver surfers more health savvy?
- No proof 5:2 diet prevents cancer
- Can a yoghurt a day reduce diabetes risk?
- Therapy reduces risk of suicide or self-harm