Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- 'Netflix and kill?' Binge watching box-sets linked to blood clots
- Smokers who try to quit 'drink less alcohol', too
- Alcohol 'a direct cause of seven types of cancer'
- Eating oily fish 'may boost bowel cancer survival'
- The new guidelines on vitamin D – what you need to know
- Chlamydia vaccine research 'shows early progress'
- 'Walk or cycle to work to lose weight,' says study
- 'Nine out of 10 strokes preventable,' claims study
- Zika virus epidemic to last 'another three years'
- Obesity 'now a leading cause of death; especially in men'