Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Is 'Disney Princess culture' a bad influence on young girls?
- Children's plastic toys can 'harbour viruses for hours'
- Broccoli compounds may help combat chronic diseases
- Study suggests that inflammation is behind period pain
- Should we 'eat breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper'?
- Diabetes drugs may be useful for Alzheimer's, mice research finds
- Drugs, ginger and acupuncture 'best for morning sickness'
- Almost half of all UK adults may be living with chronic pain
- Cranberry juice 'useful' for women with recurring UTIs, claims study
- Could 5:2 diet play a role in preventing breast cancer?