Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- NICE produces new draft guidelines on caring for the dying
- Some over-the-counter drugs may be linked to falls in older men
- Nose balloon could be used to treat glue ear
- The placebo effect can still work, even if people know it's a placebo
- Is there really a middle-class drinking 'epidemic' in over-50s?
- Study says 'size really doesn't matter' when it comes to a penis
- Unhealthy thinking about body and weight 'can start in childhood'
- Sugary drinks linked to 8,000 new UK diabetes cases a year
- Night shifts 'linked to increased breast cancer risk'
- Study finds obese people may struggle to reach a healthy weight