Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Body clock may have effect on sporting peak performance
- Child obesity rates are 'stabilising'
- Thousands of UK women could benefit from 'three-person' IVF
- A third of over-70s report 'frequent sexual activity'
- Sugary soft drinks linked to earlier periods in girls
- Gift vouchers can help pregnant smokers quit
- Female lung cancer deaths 'may outstrip breast cancer' in 2015
- Media dementia scare over hay fever and sleep drugs
- People with autism have 'unique' brain patterns
- Brown fat may protect against diabetes and obesity