Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Does paracetamol ease pain of decision making?
- Details of autism genes uncovered in global study
- Milk may be linked to bone fractures and early death
- Could sex with 21 women 'cut prostate risk'?
- Agave syrup no better than placebo cough remedy
- Drugs may work better at certain times of the day
- Lab-grown killer cells could treat brain tumours
- A mug of cocoa is not a cure for memory problems
- 'Putting clocks forward boosts kids' exercise'
- Sunshine isn't slimming and can't halt diabetes