Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Babies born on the weekend have slightly higher death risk
- Loneliness 'may affect the immune system'
- Has the 'happiness region' of the brain been discovered?
- One diet 'doesn’t fit all' – people 'metabolise food differently'
- Last line in antibiotic resistance under threat
- Coffee 'can make you live longer' claims
- Region of brain 'shorter' in people with hallucinations
- Study suggests disability test link to suicide risk
- Study calls for smartphones and tablets to have 'bedtime mode'
- 'New' sexually transmitted infection 'MG' may be widespread