Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Study finds plain cigarette pack fears 'unfounded'
- Claims magnetic brain stimulation helps memory
- Tomato-rich diet 'reduces prostate cancer risk'
- Depression therapy aids other cancer symptoms
- Does weight loss surgery affect dementia risk?
- Antidepressant use in pregnancy linked to ADHD
- Common bacteria could help prevent food allergies
- Breakfast 'not the most important meal of the day'
- Autistic brain 'overloaded with connections'
- Dual vaccine approach could help eradicate polio