Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Paralysed man walks again after pioneering surgery
- Smokers' homes 'as polluted as Beijing'
- BMI tests 'miss' over a quarter of obese children
- Viagra could double up as heart failure drug
- Vegetative patients show awareness during scans
- Exercise data signs could cut sugary drink intake
- Crash diets 'work best' claim misguided
- New way to distinguish between ovarian tumours
- Stem cells used to improve low vision
- Ebola could reach UK, but outbreak risk is low