Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Leaving babies to cry 'will improve their sleep', study says
- Could cannabis damage DNA that is then passed down generations?
- Exam stress linked to teen suicide
- Link between stillbirth and air pollution 'inconclusive'
- Proof opiates are useful for chronic back pain 'lacking'
- Report attacks official guidance on low-fat diets
- Healthier lifestyles 'could cut cancer death rates'
- Review calls for global action to tackle antibiotic resistance crisis
- Study: 'mini strokes should be treated immediately with aspirin'
- Magic mushroom ingredient tested as depression treatment