Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- 'Sleeping on it' may not be best after traumatic event
- Orange juice and grapefruit linked to melanoma skin cancer
- Sugary drinks killing 'hundreds of thousands', study estimates
- Report warns of threat to unborn babies from CMV virus
- GP receptionists 'could help prevent stroke deaths'
- 'Eat carbohydrates last' advice for diabetics
- Antidepressant use in menopause linked to broken bones
- Women with history of stillbirth at 'high risk of another'
- Some health food brands may 'do more harm than good' claim
- No evidence 'cocktail of everyday chemicals' causes cancer