Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Healthy older adults carry leukaemia mutations
- Does deadly diet drug DNP defeat diabetes?
- Over two hours screen time a day may raise a child’s blood pressure
- Longer sleep linked to stroke
- 'Game changer' HIV drug cuts infection risk by 86%
- Depression linked to violent crime
- Anger possibly linked with non-fatal heart attacks
- Peanut butter for non-allergic babies may reduce later allergies
- Many deaths of mentally ill in custody 'avoidable'
- Media overstates dementia benefits of Mediterranean diet