Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Gut bacteria may be linked to 'dangerous' body fat
- Fitness trackers 'don't help you lose weight'
- GM chemicals in cleaning products are 'potent allergens'
- People with 'obesity gene' can still lose weight
- NICE issues new guidelines on sexting in teens
- Cuddling a kitten almost certainly won't kill you
- Contraceptive pills not proven to protect against the flu
- Women dying needlessly due to not attending cervical screening
- Could fertility breakthrough lead to babies with no mothers?
- Invasive early prostate cancer treatments not always needed