Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Does 'ginger gene' offer key to younger looking skin?
- Short bursts of intense exercise 'as good' as endurance training
- Yoga 'probably good for asthma symptoms and quality of life'
- Vitamin D, fish oil and folates may enhance antidepressants
- Bedbugs 'prefer certain colours'
- Med diet best for heart disease (but some junk food won’t hurt)
- 'Transformational managers' may be bad for workplace health
- Daily low-dose aspirin may help combat cancer
- Attending all-girl school linked to increased risk of eating disorders
- UK dementia rates have fallen sharply in men