Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Healthy diet could cut risk of Alzheimer's disease
- Sperm quality pesticides claim 'should be treated with caution'
- Meningitis B jab to be added to NHS child vaccine schedule
- Parents fail to spot that their kids are obese
- Fit middle-aged men have lower cancer risk
- Crossing your fingers may help reduce pain
- Do antibiotics in pregnancy cause cerebral palsy and epilepsy?
- Milk and dairy 'good for the brain' claim unproven
- Frequent antibiotic use linked to higher type 2 diabetes risk
- Study finds link between air pollution and stroke risk