Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Wii Fit may help people control diabetes
- Male circumcision 'doesn’t affect sexual satisfaction'
- Dad’s diet may impact on offspring’s future health
- Daily sugar intake should be cut, study finds
- Experts call for ketamine to be upgraded to class B
- NICE issues warning over dangerous IV drip use
- Test could give two-year warning for Alzheimer's
- 'Safe' levels of air pollution could still be harmful
- Study questions role of vitamin D in disease
- Number of teen mothers falls by 8% in a year