Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Excess body fat now linked to 13 different types of cancer
- Being sick of the daily commute could be affecting your health
- Childhood head injury linked to range of adult health problems
- Combined HRT breast cancer risk 'may have been underestimated'
- Gene scanning 'could improve screening for oesophageal cancer'
- Animal research suggests Zika could affect the adult brain
- Perfect painkiller? Safe alternative to opiates may have been found
- Calcium supplements linked to post-stroke dementia in women
- Women's cancer risk may increase the longer they're obese
- Does time of day influence our susceptibility to infection?