Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Gene editing technique could prevent inherited diseases
- Air pollution linked to silent strokes
- New asthma treatment within five years, researchers hope
- A magnet for mosquitoes? Blame your genes
- Athlete’s foot cream could also treat multiple sclerosis
- Coffee could make breast cancer drug tamoxifen more effective
- Mindfulness 'as good as drugs for preventing depression relapse'
- Mistreatment of extreme morning sickness 'leading to abortions'
- Why you should drink (water) before you drive
- There are six different types of obesity, study argues