Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Deadly MERS 'camel flu' may now be airborne
- Paracetamol 'doesn't work' for lower back pain
- Sleep deprivation may affect memory
- Umami flavouring 'may help you feel fuller faster'
- Study offers insight into genetics of schizophrenia
- Probiotics 'may improve blood pressure'
- HIV 'reservoirs' may form earlier than expected
- Could new potential treatment mean safer IVF?
- Obese women may have 'food learning impairment'
- 'More adults should be taking statins,' says NICE