Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Could statins treat common cause of vision loss?
- Smoking bans linked to fewer heart attacks and strokes
- Just one hour of sitting down may increase diabetes risk by a fifth
- Weight loss in middle age: A warning sign of dementia?
- UK regulators give go-ahead for 'embryo editing'
- Young women with high-fibre diet may have lower breast cancer risk
- Proton beam therapy 'effective' and 'causes fewer side effects'
- Zika virus: your questions answered
- High-flavonoid foods, like berries and apples, 'prevent weight gain'
- Antidepressants linked to suicide and aggression in teens