Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Vegetarian diet 'could have slight benefits in diabetes'
- Therapy reduces risk of suicide or self-harm
- Breastfeeding voucher scheme 'shows promise'
- Air dryers 'blown away' by paper towels in germ tests
- Cancer guidelines may improve diagnosis rates
- Is growth in ADHD 'caused by marketing'?
- Have antibiotic changes upped heart infections?
- Report links obesity to advanced prostate cancer
- Does being poor make your teeth fall out?
- Triclosan soap linked to mouse liver cancers