Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Researchers: your guide to hitting the headlines
- GI diet 'debunked' claims are misleading
- Ibuprofen unlikely to extend life
- Shift workers more likely to report poor health
- 'Electromagnetic smog' unlikely to harm humans
- Fathers-to-be experience hormone changes
- E-cigarettes could help some smokers quit
- Feeling 'young at heart' may increase lifespan
- Yoga may help protect against heart disease
- Political hardliners 'fitter' than 'fence sitters'