Web science addresses issues in Health Sciences from data privacy and sharing of on-line information to selling health care and providing advice on line. Spending on web based health infrastructure is huge with governments around the world investing heavily to ensure that hospitals switch from paper folders stuffed with memos to a secure and efficient electronic system for collecting, storing and retrieving medical records.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Health Sciences to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Cannabis 'safe to treat pain' but no proof it helps
- Too soon to say being tall increases cancer risk
- High blood pressure: does it lead to diabetes?
- Probiotic friendly bacteria may play role in stopping asthma
- Are calcium pills any good at preventing bone fractures?
- Olive oil and wholegrains 'lower heart disease risk'
- Too soon for 'aspirin doubles cancer survival' claim
- Doctors should 'wait longer' before diagnosing miscarriage
- 'No significant link' between breastfeeding and higher IQ
- Fidgeting probably not a useful alternative to proper exercise