The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- The placebo effect can still work, even if people know it's a placebo
- Is there really a middle-class drinking 'epidemic' in over-50s?
- Study says 'size really doesn't matter' when it comes to a penis
- Unhealthy thinking about body and weight 'can start in childhood'
- Sugary drinks linked to 8,000 new UK diabetes cases a year
- Night shifts 'linked to increased breast cancer risk'
- Study finds obese people may struggle to reach a healthy weight
- Sugar intake should be drastically reduced, says report
- Homer Simpson and Peppa Pig 'linked to childhood obesity'
- Weak link between depression and frequent smartphone use