The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Low-level drinking in early pregnancy 'harms baby'
- Children's diets contain 'too much salt'
- Are e-cigarettes a 'gateway to nicotine addiction'?
- Claims new blood test can detect Alzheimer's disease
- Antibiotic resistance 'toolkit' launched
- 'Peeing' in pool may create harmful byproducts
- HIV 'gene hack' offers new treatment hope
- WHO says halving sugar target has extra benefit
- Parental smoking 'ages' children’s arteries
- High protein diet not as bad for you as smoking