The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Being sick of the daily commute could be affecting your health
- Childhood head injury linked to range of adult health problems
- Combined HRT breast cancer risk 'may have been underestimated'
- Gene scanning 'could improve screening for oesophageal cancer'
- Animal research suggests Zika could affect the adult brain
- Perfect painkiller? Safe alternative to opiates may have been found
- Calcium supplements linked to post-stroke dementia in women
- Women's cancer risk may increase the longer they're obese
- Does time of day influence our susceptibility to infection?
- UK heart disease and stroke death rates now lower than cancer