The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Leaving babies to cry 'will improve their sleep', study says
- Could cannabis damage DNA that is then passed down generations?
- Exam stress linked to teen suicide
- Link between stillbirth and air pollution 'inconclusive'
- Proof opiates are useful for chronic back pain 'lacking'
- Report attacks official guidance on low-fat diets
- Healthier lifestyles 'could cut cancer death rates'
- Review calls for global action to tackle antibiotic resistance crisis
- Study: 'mini strokes should be treated immediately with aspirin'
- Magic mushroom ingredient tested as depression treatment