The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Diluted apple juice 'as good as' rehydration drinks for children
- Gene breakthrough promises 'bespoke' breast cancer treatment
- Does 'ginger gene' offer key to younger looking skin?
- Short bursts of intense exercise 'as good' as endurance training
- Yoga 'probably good for asthma symptoms and quality of life'
- Vitamin D, fish oil and folates may enhance antidepressants
- Bedbugs 'prefer certain colours'
- Med diet best for heart disease (but some junk food won’t hurt)
- 'Transformational managers' may be bad for workplace health
- Daily low-dose aspirin may help combat cancer