The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Sugary soft drinks linked to earlier periods in girls
- Gift vouchers can help pregnant smokers quit
- Female lung cancer deaths 'may outstrip breast cancer' in 2015
- Media dementia scare over hay fever and sleep drugs
- People with autism have 'unique' brain patterns
- Brown fat may protect against diabetes and obesity
- Statin use may be widening health inequalities in England
- Angry Twitter communities linked to heart deaths
- New heart attack test shows promise for women
- Claims that 'men worsen labour pains' are unproven