The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Eating chocolate probably won't save your marriage
- Salt cuts have 'saved lives,' says study
- New hepatitis C drug treatment 'shows promise'
- Could statins also protect against dementia?
- No way to reliably identify low-risk prostate cancer
- Lab-grown vaginas successfully implanted
- Effectiveness of Tamiflu and Relenza questioned
- Removing copper from body could slow cancer
- Home HIV testing kits now legal in UK
- Does paying drug users boost hep B jab uptake?