The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Is gut bacteria responsible for the 'terrible twos' in toddlers?
- New discovery about how breast cancer spreads into bones
- Modified herpes virus 'could combat skin cancer'
- Combined contraceptive pills 'increase risk of blood clots'
- Obesity in teen boys may increase bowel cancer risk in later life
- Traffic and aircraft noise linked to bigger bellies
- Holidays and parties mean we may drink more than we think
- Quarter of sun-exposed skin samples had DNA mutations
- Minor ailment scheme doesn't provide free Calpol for all
- Is paracetamol use in pregnancy harmful for male babies?