The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Is 'Disney Princess culture' a bad influence on young girls?
- Children's plastic toys can 'harbour viruses for hours'
- Broccoli compounds may help combat chronic diseases
- Study suggests that inflammation is behind period pain
- Should we 'eat breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper'?
- Diabetes drugs may be useful for Alzheimer's, mice research finds
- Drugs, ginger and acupuncture 'best for morning sickness'
- Almost half of all UK adults may be living with chronic pain
- Cranberry juice 'useful' for women with recurring UTIs, claims study
- Could 5:2 diet play a role in preventing breast cancer?