The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Can mental trauma be passed on through sperm?
- Lung and pancreatic cancers may be on the rise
- Kidney damage 'killing thousands,' study claims
- Edible flowers not proven to prevent cancer
- Cheap holidays 'increased' melanoma rates
- 'Silver surfers' may have lower depression risk
- Apathy unproven as early warning sign of dementia
- NICE highlights how hand washing can save lives
- PET scans may improve brain injury diagnosis
- Cannabis linked to brain differences in the young