The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Immune changes found in people with CFS/ME
- MS stem cell treatment only a 'miracle' for some
- Healthy older adults carry leukaemia mutations
- Does deadly diet drug DNP defeat diabetes?
- Over two hours screen time a day may raise a child's blood pressure
- Longer sleep linked to stroke
- 'Game changer' HIV drug cuts infection risk by 86%
- Depression linked to violent crime
- Peanut butter for non-allergic babies may reduce later allergies
- Anger possibly linked with non-fatal heart attacks