The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Charity calls for ban of 'face-down restraint'
- Is road traffic pollution really a cause of autism?
- New colour-coded food nutrition labels launched
- Health claims about vitamin D examined
- Misguided claims alcohol in pregnancy helps baby
- Earlier breast screening in high-risk women shows 'encouraging' results
- Baldness drug finasteride 'cuts men's drinking'
- Are men's sex drives to blame for the menopause?
- Tenofovir halves HIV risk for injecting drug users
- Claims angry Lego faces could upset children