The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- 'Antipsychotics used on people with no mental illness diagnosis'
- Does lack of sleep make you susceptible to common cold?
- Goth teens 'at increased risk of depression and self-harm'
- How having 'senior moments' may be a good thing
- Low vitamin D levels linked to increased multiple sclerosis risk
- Is incense smoke more dangerous than tobacco smoke?
- Researchers 'a step closer' to universal flu vaccine
- Many white English and Irish pensioners 'drinking to excess'
- Warnings of a dementia epidemic may be unfounded
- Working long hours 'increases stroke risk'