The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Minimum alcohol pricing would 'save 100s of lives'
- Viagra 'may cause visual disturbance' in some men
- High levels of tooth decay found in three-year-olds
- Deep-fried Mars bars: unhealthy, but no killer
- Will a 'wonder drug' be available in 10 years?
- Cherry juice touted as treatment for gout
- Could curry spice boost brain cell repair?
- Antibiotic treatments 'fail' 15% of the time
- Skirt size increase ups breast cancer risk
- Media multitasking 'brain shrink' claims unproven