The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Could riding roller coasters help you pass kidney stones?
- Gut bacteria may be linked to 'dangerous' body fat
- Fitness trackers 'don't help you lose weight'
- GM chemicals in cleaning products are 'potent allergens'
- People with 'obesity gene' can still lose weight
- NICE issues new guidelines on sexting in teens
- Cuddling a kitten almost certainly won't kill you
- Contraceptive pills not proven to protect against the flu
- Women dying needlessly due to not attending cervical screening
- Could fertility breakthrough lead to babies with no mothers?