The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Zika virus: your questions answered
- Paracetamol use in pregnancy and infancy linked to child asthma
- New NICE guidelines on sun exposure warn 'tanning is unsafe'
- 'Bionic spine' could pave the way for new paralysis treatments
- Hope that blood test 'could diagnose five types of cancer'
- Could statins treat common cause of vision loss?
- Smoking bans linked to fewer heart attacks and strokes
- Just one hour of sitting down may increase diabetes risk by a fifth
- Weight loss in middle age: A warning sign of dementia?
- UK regulators give go-ahead for 'embryo editing'