The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Smokers who try to quit 'drink less alcohol', too
- Alcohol 'a direct cause of seven types of cancer'
- Eating oily fish 'may boost bowel cancer survival'
- The new guidelines on vitamin D – what you need to know
- Chlamydia vaccine research 'shows early progress'
- 'Walk or cycle to work to lose weight,' says study
- 'Nine out of 10 strokes preventable,' claims study
- Zika virus epidemic to last 'another three years'
- Obesity 'now a leading cause of death; especially in men'
- Pomegranate compound 'could combat' complications of ageing