The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Heart failure drug could 'cut deaths by a fifth'
- Students 'showing signs of phone addiction'
- Study finds plain cigarette pack fears 'unfounded'
- Claims magnetic brain stimulation helps memory
- Tomato-rich diet 'reduces prostate cancer risk'
- Depression therapy aids other cancer symptoms
- Does weight loss surgery affect dementia risk?
- Antidepressant use in pregnancy linked to ADHD
- Common bacteria could help prevent food allergies
- Breakfast 'not the most important meal of the day'