The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Study links shift work to increased risk of diabetes
- TV and gaming after work 'leads to feelings of guilt'
- Deadly MERS 'camel flu' may now be airborne
- Paracetamol 'doesn't work' for lower back pain
- Sleep deprivation may affect memory
- Umami flavouring 'may help you feel fuller faster'
- Study offers insight into genetics of schizophrenia
- Probiotics 'may improve blood pressure'
- HIV 'reservoirs' may form earlier than expected
- Could new potential treatment mean safer IVF?