The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Worry over effectiveness of early HIV drugs
- Could new potential treatment mean safer IVF?
- Obese women may have 'food learning impairment'
- 'More adults should be taking statins,' says NICE
- Steroid asthma inhalers restrict children’s growth
- Protein may help control diabetes symptoms
- Owning a dog may make older adults fitter
- Prediabetes label unhelpful, experts argue
- Study explores effect of plain cigarette packs
- Spoons lead to inaccurate medicine doses for kids