The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Discovery could 'boost immune system's cancer fighting ability'
- Study doesn't prove e-cigs make quitting smoking harder
- Does happiness have a smell and is it contagious?
- Middle age 'starts at 60' claims media
- DNA changes in sperm may help explain autism
- Paracetamol may blunt feelings of pleasure as well as pain
- No proof that bad relationships raise blood pressure
- Breath test shows promise in diagnosing stomach cancer
- Can a facelift make you more likeable?
- How dogs could sniff out prostate cancer