The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Healthy diet could cut risk of Alzheimer's disease
- Sperm quality pesticides claim 'should be treated with caution'
- Meningitis B jab to be added to NHS child vaccine schedule
- Parents fail to spot that their kids are obese
- Fit middle-aged men have lower cancer risk
- Crossing your fingers may help reduce pain
- Do antibiotics in pregnancy cause cerebral palsy and epilepsy?
- Milk and dairy 'good for the brain' claim unproven
- Frequent antibiotic use linked to higher type 2 diabetes risk
- Study finds link between air pollution and stroke risk