The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Sweetened drinks, including diet drinks, may raise diabetes risk
- 'Statins in a tube': Could a new toothpaste prevent heart disease?
- Anti-inflammatory arthritis drugs may help with depression
- Bacteria that process nitrates in food 'may trigger migraines'
- A 10-minute walk after a meal 'good for diabetes'
- IVF not proven to cut birth defect risk in babies with older mothers
- Fussy eating in children may be partially genetic
- Antidepressants 'double suicide risk' says controversial study
- Blood pressure drop on standing 'may be linked to dementia'
- Receptionists 'putting people off' seeing their GPs