The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Babies born on the weekend have slightly higher death risk
- Loneliness 'may affect the immune system'
- Has the 'happiness region' of the brain been discovered?
- One diet 'doesn’t fit all' – people 'metabolise food differently'
- Last line in antibiotic resistance under threat
- Coffee 'can make you live longer' claims
- Region of brain 'shorter' in people with hallucinations
- Study suggests disability test link to suicide risk
- Study calls for smartphones and tablets to have 'bedtime mode'
- 'New' sexually transmitted infection 'MG' may be widespread