The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Test could give two year warning for Alzheimer's
- 'Safe' levels of air pollution could still be harmful
- Study questions role of vitamin D in disease
- Number of teen mothers falls by 8% in a year
- UK cancer survival rates below European average
- '20 classrooms of kids' a day take up smoking
- Today's mums 'less active' than mothers in the 1960s
- Study may bust myth of 'fat and fit' healthy obesity
- New test shows if DCIS breast cancer will spread
- Sperm blocking study brings 'male pill' closer