The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.Visit the faculty home page or find out more about studentships.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- 'Sleeping on it' may not be best after traumatic event
- Orange juice and grapefruit linked to melanoma skin cancer
- Sugary drinks killing 'hundreds of thousands', study estimates
- Report warns of threat to unborn babies from CMV virus
- GP receptionists 'could help prevent stroke deaths'
- 'Eat carbohydrates last' advice for diabetics
- Antidepressant use in menopause linked to broken bones
- Women with history of stillbirth at 'high risk of another'
- Some health food brands may 'do more harm than good' claim
- No evidence 'cocktail of everyday chemicals' causes cancer