The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Milk may be linked to bone fractures and early death
- Could sex with 21 women 'cut prostate risk'?
- Agave syrup no better than placebo cough remedy
- Drugs may work better at certain times of the day
- Lab-grown killer cells could treat brain tumours
- A mug of cocoa is not a cure for memory problems
- 'Putting clocks forward boosts kids' exercise'
- Sunshine isn't slimming and can't halt diabetes
- No need for nightshift workers to avoid steak
- Do dopamine drugs lead to compulsive shopping?