The Web offers an unparalleled opportunity for collaborative research into Medicine allowing the sharing of information around the globe. If the Web could be used to enable a truly global research network the development of new medical techniques and drugs could be sped up dramatically. Web Science is about seeing the potential ways in which the Web can be applied to existing areas in order to help progress and develop our knowledge of that area.
Web Science at Southampton allows you to tailor your interests in Medicine to the Web and by working through the Web Science DTC you will have access to supervisors with expert knowledge in your chosen area of research.
Web Science News
Health News by the NHS
- Berries 'boost chemo' for pancreatic cancer
- Do artificial sweeteners raise diabetes risk?
- Cosmetics blamed for raised child asthma risk
- HPV urine test could screen for cervical cancer
- Sugar intake guideline 'needs lowering'
- Brain scans offer fresh insights into ADHD
- 'Rebooted' stem cells may lead to new treatments
- Could meditation help combat migraines?
- Pregnant drink binges harm kids' mental health
- Weight discrimination study fuels debate